A Cross Section of Youth Corpers being trained on HIV Testing & Counseling at the NYSC Main Yard Okene, Kogi State
Programme Manager (Vivian Onoh) Addressing Caregivers’ during Caregivers’ Meeting/Registration of the Eziama Savings and Loans Association Meeting
M and E officer (Immanuela Omanukwue) Counseling the Youths during the Youth Club Meeting at St. Martins Catholic Church, Masaka
Advocacy Visit to the Esu of Masaka, Chief Chetubo Bisalla. Sitting beside him are CLAP staff and CCWs
Improving Health and well-being of People Living with HIV/AIDS by providing comprehensive OVC services to OVC, providing Abstinence, Be Faithful and Condom use messaging to 2500 clients, providing HBC/Palliative care services to 98PLP and 982 PABA in Kogi State.
Location: Okene, Kogi State. 2010 till date
Outcomes and Achievements.
- Capacity of programme staff, OVC families and community members were developed on OVC care and support.
- 1220 OVC were enrolled for care and support.
- 404 OVC were provided with a minimum of three services (psychosocial, educational and health) which include linkage to Comprehensive HIV/AIDS check up for other minor illnesses, therapeutic nutrition, nutritional support, provision of books/school fees, review of school performance, meet with teachers, children play group, counselling, educational support and psychosocial support.
- 225 children were provided with educational support (home visit and care givers kids club).
- Established a functional food bank to cater for household economic strengthening.
- Condom demonstration and distribution was done in the mechanic village and market places to preach consistent and correct use of condoms.
- 128 people were reached on Abstinence, 339 people were reached on Being faithful and 474 people were reached on Condom usage. 260 males and 212 female were given condoms.
- 1688 people were counselled and tested and out of that 5 males and 8 females where found positive and they were followed up and referred to the general hospital and followed up. 728 males and 946 females that were counselled and tested were found to be negative although they were advice to retest after 3 months.
- 98 PLWHA were provided with Home based care.
- 982 PABA were provided with HBC.
- 37 clients were referred for ART and followed up.
Funded By: International Centre for AIDS Care and Prevention (ICAP)
Contact Person: Mr. Abah Eleojo, Title: Kogi Regional Coordinator, ICAP, Address/Location: Lokoja Kogi State. Phone: 08057621694, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Award No.5U62PS223540-07